Are you passionate about design and aesthetics? Do you love helping people?
We're hiring a student Jr. Software Developer to join our growing Focal team. Together, we'll grow the Focal platform as a leading choice for professional photographers all over the world!
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Currently Enrolled Post Secondary Student
This position may be funded by the Digital Skills for Youth Program.
This is a full-time position (35-40 hours/week). Co-op students are welcome. 8-month co-ops are encouraged.
What we’re looking for:
- Web development experience in Django Rest Framework and/or REACT
- Understanding of the benefits of testing, TDD, and continuous integration
- Foundational knowledge of SQL databases
- Understanding of database principles and the strengths and weaknesses of an ORM
- A high-level understanding of user experience and user interface design
As a key member of the project team you will:
- Work with a small and focused team to design and develop new features and releases.
- Collaborate with other team members to flesh out technical requirements.
How you like to work:
- You're in your element when working in an integrated team that is small, flexible, and Agile.
- You're eager to contribute to the team without an ego.
- You care about helping teams collaborate and be productive and efficient.
- You know that communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are simply a part of the development process.
- You like to solve complex problems and have an open mind to considering different approaches.
What we offer:
- Competitive wage
- Flexible work environment and hours
- Exposure to technology startup industry in Victoria
- Autonomy and input in development decisions and product strategy
Sound like a good fit?
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate if you are a Canadian Citizen, PR or on a work visa