Does the idea of growing a passionate community, traveling around the world and organizing events both digital and in-person in places like Las Vegas, Banff or Maui get you excited?
This is your dream job.
Focal is a fast-paced startup environment with high autonomy, impact, and opportunity for personal growth.
Focal is hiring an Events Manager to join our growing team. We are a Victoria based software company that helps professional photographers all over the world with the ability to build their dream website in minutes! Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UmbpQTkqjp8
As Events Manager for Focal, you will:
- Event plan for Focal’s famous Not-A-Conference (https://www.bookfocal.com/notaconference2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxZYP1UtQgM)
- Design, manage, and execute marketing campaigns
- Grow the Focal community across its various social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn). Understanding key audience segments and engaging with them.
- Write, research, and edit for the purpose of creating content (infographics, blog posts, short-form captions, videos, etc.) that creates value for the Focal audience.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to meet company objectives.
This is a full-time position (35-40 hours/week).
YOU ARE THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IF:
- You have experience in event planning and logistics. You have unmatched attention to detail and are able to plan for every possible scenario.
- You love planning events and being around people. You’re high energy outgoing and bring enthusiasm to everything you do.
- You have a passion and knack for people and brand-building. You get a buzz from coming up with Instagram stories and reels and know your way around each platform’s nuances. You’re up-to-date on the latest algorithm changes and always looking for ways to tell a story.
- You’ve got a proven record of growing a personal or commercial/not-for-profit audience -- and if you haven’t explored a platform before, you’re eager to learn.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. You live in Victoria and work well within an in-person team.
- Flexible work environment and hours
- Lead gen driven incentives
- Hybrid work environment (in-person is expected & encouraged)
- Competitive wage
- Exposure to technology startup industry in Victoria
- Autonomy and input in company decisions and marketing strategy
SOUND LIKE A GOOD FIT?
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Events Manager” in the header of your email. We're excited to hear from you!