Does the idea of growing a passionate community, traveling around the world and organizing events both digital and in-person in places like Las Vegas, Banff or Maui get you excited?
This is your dream job.
Focal is a fast-paced startup environment with high autonomy, impact, and opportunity for personal growth.
Focal is hiring a Community Manager to join our growing team. We are a Victoria based software company that helps professional photographers all over the world with our all-in one Website & Booking System.
As Community Manager for Focal, you will:
- Event plan for Focal’s famous Not-A-Conference (https://www.bookfocal.com/notaconference2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxZYP1UtQgM)
- Design, manage, and execute marketing campaigns with the objective of meeting lead targets and recruiting new photographers to the Focal
- Grow the Focal community across its various social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn). Understanding key audience segments and engaging with them.
- Write, research, and edit for the purpose of creating content (infographics, blog posts, short-form captions, videos, etc.) that creates value for the Focal audience.
- Manage a marketing team to meet company objectives.
This is a full-time position (35-40 hours/week).
You Are The Ideal Candidate If:
- You have experience in lead gen, top of the funnel customer acquisition and are able to make data driven decisions.
- You love planning events and being around people. You’re high energy outgoing and bring enthusiasm to everything you do. High attention to detail and past large scale event planning is an asset but not required.
- You have a passion and knack for people and brand-building. You get a buzz from coming up with Instagram stories and reels and know your way around each platform’s nuances. You’re up-to-date on the latest algorithm changes and always looking for ways to tell a story.
- You’ve got a proven record of growing a personal or commercial/not-for-profit audience -- and if you haven’t explored a platform before, you’re eager to learn.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. You live in Victoria and work well within an in-person team.
- Flexible work environment and hours
- Lead gen target driven incentives
- Hybrid work environment (in-person is expected & encouraged)
- Competitive wage
- Exposure to technology startup industry in Victoria
- Autonomy and input in company decisions and marketing strategy
Sound Like A Good Fit?
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include 'Community Manager” in the header of your email. We're excited to hear from you!